Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
5.3.3 Engine Lubrication System.
Limits- Engine 1 or 2 Oil Pressure
- 120 Maximum (>120 red w/box)
- 23-120 Normal operation (green)
- 23 Minimum (<23 red)
5.3.2 Rotor Speed (NR) Limitations
- Limit- Nr (%) Digital Readout
- 110 Maximum (>110 red)
- 106-110 Transient operation (yellow)
- 106 High rotor warning annunciated
- 95-105 Normal operation (green)
- 0-94 Transient operation (red)
5.3.4 Hydraulic Systems
LIMITS -- HYDRAULIC PRESSURE
- >3410 Transient operation permitted for 5 seconds
- (yellow). (> or = 5 seconds RED w/ box)
- 3310 - 3400 Transient - operation permitted for 5
- minutes (yellow) (> or = 5 minutes red w/ box)
- 2750 - 3300 Normal operation (green)
- 1260 Minimum (<1260 red w/box)
LIMITS -- 701C TGT (C) DIGITAL READOUT
- 949 Maximum (>949 RED)
- 897-949 Single engine transient, 12 second limit (YELLOW)
- 879-896 Single engine contingency, 2.5 minute limit (YELLOW)
- 871-878 Intermediate rated power, 10 minute limit (YELLOW)
- 851 Maximum during start
- 811-870 Intermediate rated power, 30 minute limit (YELLOW)
- 810 Maximum continuous power
- 0--810 Normal operation (GREEN)
LIMITS -- ENGINE1 OR 2 NP (%) Digital Readouts
- 121 Maximum (>121 RED w/box).
- 115 Engine overspeed annunciated
- 106--121 Transient operation, 12 seconds (YELLOW, w/box at 107).
- 0--105 Normal operation (GREEN)
5.4.4 Engine Gas Generator (NG) Limitations.
LIMITS -- ENGINE1 OR 2 NG (%) DIGITAL READOUT
- 105.1 Maximum (>105.1 RED)
- 102.3-105.1 Transient 12 second limit (YELLOW)
- 63.1-102.2 Normal operation (GREEN)
- 63 Minimum engine out warning annunciated (<63.0 RED w/box).
5.4.5 Engine Torque
LIMITS -- TORQUE (%) DIGITAL READOUT WITH NR LESS THAN 50%
- 30 Maximum (>30 RED)
- 0-30 Normal operation (GREEN).
5.4.5 Engine Torque
LIMITS -- TORQUE (%) DIGITAL READOUT WITH NR LESS THAN 90%
- 70 Maximum (>70 RED)
- 0-70 Normal operation (GREEN).
LIMITS -- TORQUE (%) DIGITAL READOUT DUAL ENGINE
- 115 Maximum ( >115 red)
- 101-115 Transient 6 second limit (yellow).
- 0-100 Normal operation (green).
LIMITS -- TORQUE (%) DIGITAL READOUT SINGLE ENGINE
- 125 Maximum (>125 red)
- 123-125 Transient 6 second limit (yellow).
- 111-122 Single engine contingency, 2.5 minute limit (yellow).
- 110 Single engine maximum continuous power (green).
- 0-110 Normal operation (green).
Airspeed Limits For Autorotation
Maximum airspeed for autorotation is 145 KTAS
Maximum Rearward/Sideward Flight Speed.
Maximum rearward/sideward flight speed is 45 KTAS for all gross weights.
Maximum Airspeed for Searchlight Extension.
The searchlight is designed for operation (extend/retract/rotate) at speeds up to 90 knots. However, as long as operation is not attempted, the lighthead can be left in any extended position at speeds up to 200 knots.
5.7 WEIGHT LIMITATIONS
The aircraft maximum gross weight is 20,260 pounds, except for non--tactical ferry flights, which may not exceed 23,000 pounds.
5.8.6 Maximum Airspeed with Symmetrically Loaded External Fuel Tanks (2 or 4) Installed.
5.8.7 Maximum Airspeed for Stores Jettison.
- Maximum airspeed for stores jettison is 130 KTAS.
- Hover to 45 KTAS (minimize side slip, if possible).
- 45 to 130 KTAS (ball centered, if possible).
5.8.8 Maximum Airspeed for External Tanks Jettison.
Jettison of external fuel tanks is not authorized except for emergency conditions and then only from airspeeds less than 100 KTAS.
5.9 MANEUVERING LIMITS
Intentional maneuvers beyond attitudes + or - 30 degrees in pitch or + or - 60 degrees in roll are prohibited.
5.9.1 Prevent Excessive Tail Rotor Loads.
greater than 60 degrees per second.
5.9.2 Flight with Canopy Enclosure Open.
canopy enclosure open are prohibited
5.9.3 Landing Limits
greater than 7degrees nose up or 12 degrees nose down; or a roll attitude greater than 10 degrees
Data is not available beyond these limits at gross weights above 17,650
5.10.1 Flight into Turbulence
Flight into known or forecast extreme turbulence or into known severe turbulence is prohibited
5.10.2 Flight In Icing Conditions.
Intentional flights into moderate icing conditions are prohibited. Flight into known or forecast trace or light icing conditions is authorized and not considered a hazard unless the condition is encountered for an extended period (over one hour).
5.10.4 Rotor Limitations -- Start and Stop Limits.
Maximum wind velocity for rotor start or stop is 45 knots to prevent droop stop damage.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview