Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the layers in the tunica vaginalis around the testicle?
- Inner layer
- -Visceral - touches the testicle
- Outer layer
- -Parietal - lines the scrotal chamber
What is the sac or peritoneum called around the testicle?
Which tumors are malignant (the majority) of the time?
Intratesticular lesions are malignant
Extratesticular are usually benign
What is a corpora amylacea? In the prostate
Calcifications commonly seen in the inner gland of the prostate
What is cryptorchidism?
Where is a spermatocele located?
- Cystic masses of the epididymis
- - filled with sperm not clear fluid like cysts
Where is a hydrocele located?
Between the visceral and parietal layers of the tunica vaginalis
What is the defining characteristics for a epidermoid cyst?
- Echogenic capsule -
- - Well defined, solid hypoechic mass with an echogenic capsule
What is the most lethal and lest common form of herm cell tumors in the testicles?
Are teratomas malignant or benign in the testicles?
Usually benign in children
Usually milignant in adults
What are the 2 prepubertal testicular tumors?
Most common - Yolk sac tumor, germ cell
- Most common - nongerm cell - leydig cell tumor
- usually benign (4-5 years old)
What is the most common germ cell tumor in adults, in the testes?
What are the 4 glandular zones in the prostate?
- 1)peripheral zone - 70% of tissue, most ca
- 2)Central Zone - 25% of tissue, ejact ducts pass thru
- 3)Transitional zone - 5%, site of benign hyperplasia
- 4)Periurthral zone - 1%, site of benign hyperplasia
What zone does the ejaculatory duct pass thru to empty into the urethra?
The central zone
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview