Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
WHAT EFFECTS DENSITY
- 1. Pressure
- a. pressure is the weight of the atmosphere
- b. atmosphere pressure is heavier closer to the earth's surface
- 2. Temperature
- a. as temperature increases density decreases
- 3. Humidity
- a. as humidity increases, density decreases
- b. water weighs less than air
Pressure Altitude corrected for non standard temperature
For every inch of Hg gained you lose 1000 feet of altitude
For ever inch of Hg lost you gain 1000 feet of altitude
Height above ground measured in AGL
Altitude indicated when you set the altimeter to 29.92 Hg.
Altitude read of the altimeter when set to local m.s.l pressure from ATIS
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview