The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
WHAT ARE THE FOUR CRITICAL AREAS WHERE LADDER FUNCTIONS MUST BE COMPLETED:
- -THE BUILDING ROOF
- -THE REAR OF THE FIRE BUILDING
- -THE FIRE FLOOR
- -THE FLOOR ABOVE THE FIRE
OSHA regulations state that if "no known life hazard exist", then what?
A two-out RIT must be established
What are the only two situations may the two-in/two-out rule be broken:
- -fire in incipient stage, PPE not required, and can be control with portable extinguisher/
- -A "known life hazard" exists, and the rescue will immed. undertake primary search.
TIC's are currently assigned to who?
- -Battalion Commanders
TIC measures the varying amounts of ?
TIC is capable of reading temperatures within a range of ?
0-1100 degrees F
What are the two energy bands of the TIC?
- -lower energy band, between 0-200 degrees F
- -upper energy band, greater than 200 degrees F
On the TIC screen, what does "El" in the upper left hand corner of the display mean?
-activation of the upper energy band.
What does it mean when the image on the TIC appears red in color?
-object is 450 degrees F or hotter.
Up to what temperature is the TIC designed to withstand without damage?
-700 degrees F
How do you turn on the TIC?
-press the right button located beneath the display screen
How do you put the TIC in STAND-BY mode?
-press and hold the right button for a few seconds, indicated by flashing green lights between the two buttons.
How do you return the TIC back to active mode after being in STAND-BY mode?
-depress right button for short period.
How long does the TIC battery last?
-up to four hours on a fully charged battery.
How much battery is left when LOW BAT appears on display?
The TIC charger has lights that indicate battery status, what are they?
- -RED = battery is charging
- -GREEN = charging is complete
- -YELLOW = battery is too hot or too cold for charging
- -FLASHING RED = defect in battery
Buildings are ventilated principally for what two reasons?
- -prevent mushrooming, flashover and backdraft.
- -gain and maintain entry.
What are three mechanical ventilation means?
- -positive pressure ventilation
- -negative pressure ventilation
- -hydraulic pressure ventilation
What truck carries smoke ejectors?
What is the best operating position to determine if a building requires ventilation and the location and timing of that ventilation?
-interior of the structure
What are the minimal tools to bring to roof for roof operations?
- -trash hook
- -saws with proper blade
- -water extinguisher