DA325 review cements
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
List at least 3 reasons for placing a sedative dressing
- Protect and seal tooth prior to permanent restoration
- Restore or maintain occlusion prior to permanent restoration
- Sedative dressing- Palliative treatment(relieve pain)
- Endodontic treatment
List the criteria for a sedative dressing
- 1. Anatomy
- 2. Contacts- width
- 3. Contours
- 4. Embrasures- v shaped space
- -no overhangs
- 5. Margins
- -perfect sealed
- 6. Occlusion height
List the basic set up for a sedative dressing tray
- Basic set-up (mirror, explorer, cotton forceps)
- matrix band and wedge
- ZOE cement
- condenser- woodson
- carver- Hollenback and discloid/ cleoid
- burnisher- acorn
- articulating paper
- typodont and bench mount
what is the function of the matrix band?
- to replace the missing wall of the tooth
- prevent material from going to interproximals
Function of the wedge?
prevent overhang or cupping
What is the function of the burnisher as it relates to matrix band?
- burnish band to maintain shape of tooth
- contour the band at the contact area
- final restoration will have proper contact with the adjacent tooth
How does the tightness of a matrix band affect the contour of a restoration?
to keep tightness of matrix band in gingival floor for contour of tooth
What cements have palliative qualities?
- ZOE- zinc oxide and eugenol
- DYCAL- calcium hydroxide
- Durelon- polycarboxylate "kind"
why is zinc phosphate a poor choice for a sedative dressing?
acid in cement irritates pulp
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview