The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Flag = Muscle
- Pole = Tendon
Multipennate muscle Found in?
- Start fanned out and converge
- Big to small
- Where the muscle ends
- Where the muscle acts
Ex. Action end of muscle
Action (3 types)
- Prime movers (agonists)
Prime movers (agonists)
Mainly responsible for producing a particular movement.
Ex. Flexing, and extending arm.
- Aide to agonists
- Provide additional pull near the insertion or stabilizing point.
- Typically most useful at ther beginning of a movement.
- Ex. Helpers to muscle
- Most useful at the beginning of muscle contraction
- Movement oppose the agonist.
- Ex. Triceps (antagonists) to biceps (agonist)
- If agonist flexes, antagonist will extend.
- Resistance- Garvity
- Fulcrum- Fixed point, resting point
- Applied force- Opposite of resistance
- Eevation = close
- Deppression = Close
FLexion/ Extension/ Hyperextension
- Flexion = Flex guns
- Extension = Extend arm
Flexion/ extension/ Hypertension
- Flexion = Down
- Extension = Normal
- Hypertension = Backwards
- Dorsiflexion = Lift foot up at ankle
- Plantarflexion = Foot flat on ground
- Protraction = Forward
- Retraction = Pull back
Foot at ankle
- Inversion = Inwards
- Everion = Foot outwards
Hand at thumb
- Opposaition = Thumb forlded in
- Reposition = Thumb extended outwards
- Rotation = Head left, center, right
- Medial ROtation = Toes pointed towards middle
- Lateral Rotation = Toes pointed outwards
- Circumduction = Arm going in full circle
- Abduction = Arms extended outwards / Straight
- Adduction = Arms at rest / Down