Neonates Chapte 12
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Which of the following is not considered one of the phases of ARDS?
Which of the following are possible strategies in the treatment of ARDS?
1. Maintain arterial PCO2 below normal
3. Correct any physical derangements
4. Suppress alveolar inflammation
5. Prevent complications
- Correct any physical derangements
- Suppress alveolar inflammation
- Prevent Complications
The release of mediators by eosinophils, neutrophils, macrophages, and lymphocytes is seen during:
Phase 2 of an asthma attack
The branch(es) of CNS that appear(s) to be primarily responsible for inhibiting bronchial smooth muscle contrraction is (are) the:
- Nonadrenergic noncholinergic
Which of the following would be the drug of choice during the inflammatory stage of asthma?
The most reliable diagnosis of cystic fibrosis involves:
Which of the following are commonly used in the treatment of patients whth cystic fibrosis?
2. Aerosolized antibiotics
4. Mist tents
- Aerosolized antibiotics
Which of the following is (are) inherited as autosomal-recessive traits?
1. Kugelberg-Welander disease
2. Duchenne-type muscular dystrophy
3. Guillain-Barre syndrome
4. Werdnig-Hoffman paralysis
- Kugelberg-Welander disease
- Werdnig-Hoffman paralysis
Edrophonium (tensilon) is used to diagnose which of the following?
The diaphragm is primarily innervated by:
The fourth cervical nerve
Secondary brain injuries include which of the following?
2. brain fracture
4. Brain contusion
Treating a patient with a head injury, the respiratory care practitioner receives the following arterial blood gas: pH=7.48; PaCO2=34 mm Hg; PaO2 = 120 mmHg. The appropriate response would be:
Increase ventilation only
Reye's syndrome is diagnosed by:
Which of the following would favor the development of an in utero fetal pneumonia?
1. Fetal asphyxia
2. Prolonged rupture of the amniotic membranes.
3. maternal exercise
4. Excessive obstetrical manipulation
5. Prolonged labor
- Prolonged rupture of the amniotic membranes
- excessive obstetrical manipulation
- Prolonged labor
Which of the following organisms is the most likely to cause bronchiolitis?
Respiratory syncytial virus
A young patient presents in the ER with a history of a rapid onset of difficulty breathing. The patient complains of a severe sore throat and the voice is muffled. What would be appropriate at this time?
Lateral neck x-ray
When treating coup, which of the following would be the drug of choice?
Which of the following gases is not released during a fire involving furniture and other building materials?
Coma is possible at carbon monoxide levels of greater than:
Development of atelectasis, edema, inflammation, and plugging of the bronchi occur during which phase of chlorine inhalation?
The incidence of SIDS is increased in which of the following?
1. Babies with low Apgar scores
2. Babies of mothers younger than 20 years old
3. Inadequate maternal prenatal care
4. Maternal drug abuse
5. Babies who are small fo rgestational age
All are correct
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview