Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is personality demostrated by?
The talkive exerciser...The long runner...The group exerciser...The exercise instructor
-Chracteristics of random athletes
Focuse, introverted, aggresive, nervous, boisterous.
Social lerning theories:
- : I'm only aggresive when the situation calls for it.
- Im aggressive all the time
- Im never aggressive.
- Im aggressive only when it is socially acceptable.
Behavior is a function of the person and the enviroment.
-A, B, C
- A= Affect (feelings)
- B= Behavior
- C= Cognition (thoughts)
- All are changing, all are interconnected, all are dynamic.
- -Hight: low anxiety, greater optimist, happiness, ability to cope-
- Low: Depression, suicidal thoughts, disorderely conduct
- .High: Better performance, greater motivation, decreased boredom and axiety
- Low: Lack of motivation, poor self image.
-I am a great free throw shooter-descriptive aspect.
-Evaluative aspect-"Im a total failure"
How do we change our body image?
exercise, drugs, control eating, counseling, clothings choices.
- -Situation specific form of self confidence - Belief that one is competent and can do whatever is nesscessary to acheive expected outcomes.
- Self efficacy fluctuates depending on multiple factors
- Self confidence is more global/stable.
- -Shared belief of group members in their joing capabilities as a group to execute a task successfully.
- -situations where this be necessary for success.
Fox physical Self perception profile?
Perceptions of ability and confidence in the athletic works.
Perceptions of condition and stamina, confidence in the fitness settings.
Fox: Body attractiveness
Perceived attractivness confidence in appareance.
Fox: Physical Strength
Perceived strength, muscle development, confience in situations requiring strength.
Fox: self worth
General feeling of happiness, satisfaction, pride, respect, and confidence in physical self..
-What effects?Performance accomplishments-Most powerful, practice makes perfect, success breeds success.
-What drives people/determines change?
desire to accomplish soemthing different, to excel ones self, to rival and surpass others.
high/low achieversHigh achievers:
- - High motive to approach success and low motive to avoid failure. Dont worry about possible failures.
- -Low achiever: Worry about failure. Avoid achievement situations.Seek where failure is unlikely.
learn by association
- Learning new skills and maintaining conditions.
- More relevant to sport.-tangible rewards: trophies, tshirts
- non tangiblep- Verbal praise, cheers, acknowledgement.