history chapter two
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Gov is formal structures in which
binding decisions are made for citz
gov is the ""
- "rules of the game"
- and institutions that make and enfores the law
legislatures executives and courts
The gov hold the power to
get individuals grops and institutions to do something
individual ruler holds absolute gov power
- figuehead with limited power
- governing belongs to ruler
individual rule with absolute authority
a small group of rich or powerful controls most of the governing decisions
multiple centers of power vying authority
afforded basic rights and standards; freedom from gov interference.
all citizens make decisions
small group that act on the behalf of many
Elected through a fair and open process in which everyone has the same opportunity.
leaders have no real limits
gov polices are kept in check by formal limits
hobbes beliefs of social contract
- between the gov and the people
- people get protection
- gov are limited
- they get their powers from the will of the people
the idea of the the articles of confederation was
to draw 13 states togegther but to allow each state to remain independent
What congress couldnt do
- couldnt regulate commerce
- was unable to collect taxes from citizens
- and couldnt collect revenue from the state
altering articles proved
- difficult as any changed need unanimous consent
- lacked leadership and accountability
suggested that liberty and freedom that is an open democratic society carried risks
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview