Reading lesson 5
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What does Antic mean?
(noun) A playful or funny act (usually plural)
What does attire mean?
- (noun) clothes, especially fine and expensive
- (verb) to dress up or be dressed up
What does captivate mean?
(verb) to please greatly; to win over by special charm
What does deft mean?
(adj.) quick and sure; skillful at handling
What does diligent mean?
(adj.) working with great care and effort
What eclipse mean?
- (noun) the total or partial hiding of one heavenly body by another
- (verb) to do better than; to outshine
What does evolve mean?
- (verb) to develop and change gradually overtime
- (noun) evolution the changes that take place as something evolves
What does innate mean?
(adj.) having from birth;occuring naturally rather than being taught
What does inscribe mean?
- (verb) to write, print or etch into a permanent record.(noun) inscription the act of inscribing or what is inscribed.
What does posture mean?
- (noun) the way one holds one's body; a pose or position.
- (verb) to assume a particular position; especially a pretended one.
What does shroud mean?
- (noun) something that covers or hides from veiw
- (noun) cloth used to wrap a dead body before burial
What does stifle mean?
- (verb) to cut off air from; to smother
- (verb) to hold back; to check
What does tentative mean?
(adj.) not fully worked out or final; hesitating or uncertain
What does tranquil mean?
- (adj.) calm; peaceful
- (noun) tranquility the state of being tranquil
What does versatile mean?
- (adj.) able to do many different things; be used in many different ways
- (noun) versatility the state or condition of being versatile.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview