The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- group + halogen (idoethane) or (ethyl iodide)
- missing a hydrogen
- -OH bond is covalent. completely changes properties. stays associated.
- carbon groups are different: name shorter side with -oxy ending + larger side (ethoxy ethane)
- same: di (group name) + ether (diethyl ether)
- carbonyl bond must be at the end of chain!
- must have hydrogen in carbonyl bond.
- carbonyl bond must be between 2 carbons!
- name smaller group then larger (ethyl ethanoate)
- Carboxylic acid
- -oic acid
- -COOH endings
- incredibly reactive! can get resonance and make stable.
- amazing building blocks & has "N" for proteins
- toxic cuz it had CN-!
- nitro- (as a prefix)
- thiol (methyl thiol)
- skunk smell!
- natural gas released with thiols to give smell.
- (methyl Lithium)
- likely group 1 & 2