Medical Terminology Ch 4
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- bones are also called osseous tissue.
- The hardest material in the body
process of bone formation
immature bone cells
mature bone cells
layer of cartilage that covers the epiphysis
- thin connective tissue membrane that covers bones.
- contains numerous blood vessels, nerves, and lymphatic vessels
cortical or compact bone
Dense hard exterior surface bone.
Cancellous or spongy bone
- found inside bone
- spaces contain red bone marrow
open canal in the center of the diaphysis
yellow bone marrow
- in the medullary cavity
- contains mainly fat cells
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview