Nord star 9
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- an‧tic‧i‧pa‧tion [uncountable]1 when you are expecting something to happen
- car‧nage [uncountable] when a lot of people are killed and injured, especially in a war:
- Кровавая бойня
- to refuse to obey a law or rule, or refuse to do what someone in authority tells you to do
ex‧u‧be‧rant1 happy and full of energy and excitement:
a general outburst of enthusiasm, excitement, controversy, or the like. 2. a prevailing fad, mania, or craze. 3. fury; rage; madness.
haunt‧ing sad but also beautiful and staying in your thoughts for a long time
- rep‧er‧toire [countable usually singular]1 all the plays, pieces of music etc that a performer or group knows and can perform
- sol‧i‧ta‧ry1 [only before noun] used to emphasize that there is only one of something
- soothe [transitive]1 to make someone feel calmer and less anxious, upset, or angry
- un‧as‧sum‧ing showing no desire to be noticed or given special treatment
- cher‧ish [transitive]1 if you cherish something, it is very important to you
- come‧back [countable usually singular]1 make/stage a comeback if a person, activity, style etc makes a comeback, they become popular again after being unpopular for a long time:
- to help something to develop or increase
- res‧o‧nate [intransitive]1 if something such as an event or a message resonates, it seems important or good to people, or continues to do this
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview