Muscular System part 1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
muscle fibers(cells) + C.T. +nervous tissue + epithelial tissue
1.) Excitability-responds to external stimuli
2.)Contractility-actively shortens along longitudinal axis.
3.)Extensibility-can stretch beyond original length w/o tearing.
4.Elasticity-returns to original size.
five general facts about the muscle
- 1.) Latin for little mouse
- 2.) 700 muscles total
- 3.) 40-50% of total body weight
- 4.) Elongated protein packed cells
- 5.)Contract on command
1.) Chemical Energy for the cell is ATP
- 2.) Mechanical Energy allows us to:
- a. produce skeletal and skin movement
- b. maintain posture,position and joints
- c. support soft tissue
- d. regulate incoming/outgoing materialin tract
- e. maintain body temp.
Smooth and Cardiac muscle tissue
- smooth-hollow organs and tubes
- 1.) striations
- 2.) cylindrical-fibers
- 3.) multiple peripheral nuclei
- 4.) voluntary control
- 5.) cannot divide
- 6.) fatigue over time
- 7.) attached to skeleton/skin
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview