Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
Suppression Minimum staffing?
Suppression Minimum staffing for B-1?
Suppression Minimum staffing for B-2?
Suppression Minimum staffing for B-3?
Suppression Minimum staffing for B-4?
Rescue minimum staffing?
Rescue minimum staffing for B-1?
Rescue minimum staffing for B-2?
Rescue minimum staffing for B-3?
Rescue minimum staffing for B-4?
City minimum staffing(not including alarm room)?
Overtime will be paid to the nearest?
1/10th hour or 4-6 minutes.
What is the OT minimum?
4 hours if called in
When is an employee considered AWOL?
If not at work within 2 hours after start of shift
If AWOL for 3 consecutive days, equals?
Call time for OT for next day?
2000 night before shift
Call time for OT for night shift?
1400 same day of
Order of who to call for OT?
- 1. call 24 hr sign ups
- 2. split shift into 10/14 and recall
- 3. on duty FF upgraded, then fill FF slot
- 4. FF at spot is held over
Alarm room minimum staffing?
When are FLSA forms due?
within 6 days after end of FLSA period
T/F Flex/Comp time does not count against 16 slots for vacation?
Can Flex/Comp time used in place of sick leave personal?
How many weeks of FMLA allowed?
must have worked at least 52 weeks; 1250 hr prior to FMLA
Entered into sick leave management plan step 1 when?
- required to submit P-30 for SL
Entered into sick leave management plan step 2 when?
- -all step 1, plus P-3 could be denied
- -no modified light duty
- -must report to commander
Entered into sick leave management plan step 3 when?
- 100% and above
- -no comp time, trades, transfers, OT
- -may be placed on LWOP
- -fit for duty exam
- -no UV
- -no bid for one year
How many vacation slots per day allowed?
16 total, only up to 4 paramedics(QI doesn't count)
How much military leave allowed?
528 hrs paid
Size of union bulletin board?
5 ft from ground, 4x6 ft in size
Sick leave accumulation:
Shift trades must be repayed within how many days?
Max comp time accrual?
How much is tempory upgrade?
8% increase in pay
What % does the city pay of health benefits?
5 types of building construction?
- Type 1- Fire resistive
- Type 2- Noncombustible
- Type 3- Ordinary
- Type 4- Heavy timber
- Type 5- Wood frame
What PSI is a fog nozzle set at?
Boiling liquid expanding vapor explosion
What is LUNAR stand for?
- unit ID
- resources needed
Define risk management
the process of minimizing the chance, degree or probability of damage, loss or injury
List and briefly describe the 3 factors that influence a persons ability to act safely
training, health and attitude are the 3 factors that influence safety
List and describe the external influences that can affect safety equipment design and purchase
- -OSHA regulations
- -NFPA standards
- -NIOSH, ANSI and
all influence depts by the regulations and requirements set forth
Describe 4 qualities of a well written procedure
- -firefighters follow it
- -good writing
- -simple language
- -clear outline
- -clear direction, easy interpretation
Explain the difference between the formal and informal processes
- -Formal processes are WRITTEN procedures followed by fire dept.
- -Informal processes are operations that are routine and AREN'T WRITTEN
How are monetary costs associated with firefighter injuries and death paid for
NCCI-National Council on Compensation Insur
each state has an experience modifier formula to pay WC
NCCI rate X payroll X experience modifier
experience modifier based on (3) years lost experience
What was the significance of the William Stieger Act
- -was signed or passed by congress in 1970, which created OSHA
- -gives equal rights and responsibilities to employers and employees with respect to safe working conditions
List and discuss the NFPA standards related to the incident safety officer
- NFPA 1500-Fire department occupational safety
- and health program
- NFPA 1521-Standard for fire dept. safety officer
Explain the history of todays safety officer in the industrial world as well as in the fire service
-safety officers in the fire service began late 1800's and early 1900's as "wall watchers"
-WWI and WWII brought the safety officer to the industrialized world with the inclusion of women in the work place
What is the difference between an ISO and an HSO
- ISO-Incident safety officer
- command staff position responsible for monitoring and assessing hazards or unsafe conditions at the scene of an incident
- HSO-Health and safety officer
- manages fire depts safety and health programs
What 2 factors can help in judging operational effectiveness at structure fires
- -reading smoke
- -reading buildings
Discuss the relevance of risk taking on incident bench marks
the ISO looks at tactical priorities and determines if the risk being taken match the dept pre-established risk taking criteria
List the 3 ISO general duties that are applicable to all incident types
- -monitor the incident
- -address personnel safety systems
- -define other needs
What is one of the biggest traps of linear thinking
What considerations should be considered in the design of a checklist
- -simple column format
- -easy to read in low light
- -room for notes and diagrams
- -easy to differentiate from other similar checklists
- -a reminder area for PIAs
When do you need a P-30 signed by a physician
- -member in sick leave program
- -member reporting off SKE, SKFM, SKI, SKH, SKU
- -member reporting off for 3 or more consecutive shifts
FF returning after 4 or more consecutive 24 hr shifts of sick leave must submit to?
human resources department with a release from their personal physician
What are the attack group objectives
- -determine and verify fire floor of origin
- -investigate, clear stairwells
- -begin attack operations
Where will RIT be assigned during high rise incidents
- -resource division location
- -secondary location is lobby division
What 2 places will RIT be assigned for high rise operations
- -IRIT fire floor
- -4 person RIT two floors below fire floor
Who signs P-30's for light duty
Deputy chief of fiscal manager
What are the responsibilities of the division above the fire floor
one engine will evaluate conditions
Who must approve employees on administrative leave
When must the city business form for travel coordination be recieved
- -3 weeks prior to travel
- -75% of hotel and per diem paid in advance mailed to employee
What is mileage reimbursement
.325 cents, not to exceed round trip airfare
CAO must approve travel for what
3 or more travelers out of US travel and out of state travel with city vehicle
How many vacation periods can members schedules