Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
- Invented by Sir Issac Newton to describe the color prism
- Colors-Yellow, Yello-Green, Green, Blue-Green, Blue, Blue-Violet, Violet, Red-Violet, Red, Red-Orange, Orange, Yellow-Orange
- Red, Blue, Yellow
- These are the colors needed to make the other colors and cannot be created themselves by mixing
- Orange, Violet, Green.
- The colors created by equal amounts of two primary colors
The colors created by two equal amounts of one primary color and one secondary
- Colors that are opposite on the color wheel.
- These colors "complement" or enhance each others intensity when placed side-by-side, but when mixed together they diminish each others intensity.
The two colors on either side of a color's complement
One color that is changed by adding either black or white
Colors that are next to each other on the color wheel
Colors with greater amounts of yellow or red in them than blue
Colors with greater amounts of blue than yellow or red
When a pure color is lightened with white gradually, and is darkened with black gradually
When a color's intensity is diminished by gradually adding it's complement until the result is a neutral color
Fourteen Elements and Principles of Design
Line, Shape, Form, Color, Value, Texture, Space, Balance, Movement, Rhythm, Contrast, Emphasis, Pattern, Unity
Four Drawing Techniques
Contour Line, Positive and Negative Space, Shading, Perspective
List the five strands in the CA Performing and Visual Arts Framework
- Artistic Perception-art vocabulary
- Creative Epression- hands on lesson
- Historical and Cultural Context- bringing in the art history
- Aesthetic Valuing- combines art criticisms and aesthetics, questions that may come up
- Connections, Relationships, Applications- how does it connect to real life?
The Three Aesthetic Stances
- Formalism(Formal elements- focuses on shape and color)
Definitions and Differences between Aesthetics and Art Criticism
- Aesthetics- A branch of philosophy about art, concerned with beauty or the appreciation of beauty
- Art Criticism- discussion or evaluation of visual art, a way of analyzing art