Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- SE of nubia, extended from present day ethiopia mnts to red sea shores (present day eritrea)
- african farmers + middle E jews
language created by axum blending of cultures
- one of two main axum cities
- port on red sea
made christianity official axum religion
- what axumite kings referred to kingdom as whole
- term greeks used for region
- christian area
to form into a single unit
the glory of kings
ancient ethiopian book that stated ethiopian kings descended from israelite king soloman and queen sheba
ethiopian jews who lived in mnts of ethipia untill 1900
- most successful city state
- "one of the most beautiful and well-constructed towns in the world"
a group of connected builings that form a single whole
- the successful E african international trade system led to emergence of this vibrant culture and new language
- "of the coast"
- impressive capital ruins
- "stone houses"
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview