The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
5th Statement of Faith
salvation of man-
Man's only hope for salvation is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ the Son of God.
Conditions to salvation are repentance, faith, and regeneration.
The evidences of salvation are the inward, which is the direct witness of the spirit; and outward, which is a life of righteousness and true holiness.
6th Statement of Faith
The ordinances of the church-
- Baptism by water:
- 1. we believe in baptism by immersion
- 2. the symbolism is that we arecrucified with Christ under the water
- 3. we are raised in newness of life when we come out of the water
- Matt. 28:19
- Holy Communion:
- 1. the bread and wine are symbols of Jesus' broken body and His spilled blood.
- 2. these symbols are to help us remember what His death was all about.
- 3. they are a prophesy of His second coming, we are to do this until He comes back
- 2 Peter 1:4
7th Statement of Faith
Baptism of the Holy Spirit-
- For all believers
- normal experience in early church
- endowment of power for life and service
- comes after salvation
- a deepened love for Christ, the Word, and the lost
- Mark 16:20
- Acts 2:1-4 Jews
- Acts 10:44-48
- GentilesActs 19:1-7 Ephesians
8th Statement of Faith
initial physical evidence of the baptism of the Holy Spirit-
- 1. initial physical evidence of speaking in other tongues
- 2. same in essence as the gift of tongues but different in purpose and use
9th Statement of Faith
sanctification is an act of separation from evil and separation to God
10th Statement of Faith
- the church and it's mission-
- every believer is a vital part of the church and is given divine appointments
- the church exists for:
- 1. worship of God
- 2. discipleship - grown in His image
- 3. evangelism of the world
all of the purposes of the church depend upon the work of the Holy Spirit