Know the difference between anthropocentric, biocentric, and ecocentric theories of environmental ethics. You should also know, where applicable, which sort of theory is represented by each of the authors listed above.
- Krieger: aesthetic value nature has is purely instrumental and only is good for the experiences is provides people that makes them happy
- Singer: individual things that are alive (emphasis on suffering)
- Varner: individual things that are alive (suffering doesnt matter, emphasis on biological needs and interests)
- Leopold: holistic ecological ecosystems are the fundamental unit of value
- Stone: living things and rivers and things like that