The Chemical Industry
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the stages involved in the development of a new process?
- Pilot study
The raw materials used in the chemical industry are used as a source of ...?
The manufacturing of a product may be organised as a ______ process or as a _______ process?
batch or continuous
What types of costs are involved in the chemical industry? Give an example of each.
- Capital costs - the building
- Fixed costs - salaries, rates
- Variable costs - raw materials, cost of the distribution of the finished product
A chemical manufacturing process usually involves a sequence of steps, where ________ is a priority and process conditions are chosen to make most _______, by using ______ efficiently?
What are some of the factors that influence the choice of a particular route in the chemical industry?
- Availability and suitability of feedstock(s)
- Yield of product(s)
- Opportunities for recycling of reactants
- Marketability of by-products
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview