Year 11 Biology Digestion 6
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Why do nectar and pollen feeders have short digestive systems?
- ~The nectar requires no digestion and provide immediate sugar and water for the honey possum
- ~Usually the pollen grains are digested within 6 hours
- ~Mammals that live on plant juices, nectar and pollen are commonly known to have a short digestive system
Explain the digestive system between foregut and hindgut fermenters in relation to herbivores?
Foregut fermenters- four chamered stomach with large rumen. Have small and large intestines are long.
Hindgut fermenters- small stomach with a large caecum.
Why do carnivores have short digestive systems?
- ~ Carnivores have a reduced or small caecum compared to herbivores
- ~Canivores can digest protein very easily compared to the digestion of plant material eaten by herbivores
Why are photosynthesis and cellular respiration essential for all ecosystems?
- ~ To produce an equal amount of energy for the cell
- ~ The worded equation for cellular respiration is
- glucose+oxygen----->carbon dioxide+water
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview