What are 6 common WBC disorders?
- Infectious mononucleiosis: Epstein-Barr virus, 30-50 day incubation period; fever, sore throat.
- Leukemia: malignant proliferation of WBCs, exact cause unknown.
- Multiple myeloma: M-Proteins in the blood, destructive bone lesions, and Bence Jones proteins in the urine.
- Lymphadenopathy: enlarged, tender lymph nodes.
- Hodgkin disease: malignant lymphoma, spreads through lymph nodes.
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma: wide spectrum of malignancies of the lymphoid system, rarely localized, responds poorly to chemo.