midterm for chad 164 questions
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the two primary functions involved in parenting?
- a. structure: aspects of parenting behavior aimed
- toward providing children with the means to regulate their lives and to lay the
- foundation upon which a chil’s personality is formed
- b. nurturance: meet child’s need for unconditional
Understand the concepts of Equifinity and how it applies to
- Families attend similar goals in different ways
- There is no correct way to do discipline
Piaget Cognitive Developmental Stages
- Sensorimotor: birth-3
- elementary understanding of cause and effect
- emergence of language
- concrete operational: 6-11
- mastery of conservation/reversibility
- formal operational: rest is up
- decrease ego, abstract
- serious psychiatric condition.
- These parents have delusions as well as hallucinations that accompany the
- symptoms of PPD. They can kill their child
- drug commonly prescribed
- for those with AIDS or HIV
age for low birth weight?
under 20, over 40
you treat, like that! i treat you like that!
- families share in common
- goals but reach these goals in different ways
Congruence or match between the temperaments of
a baby and that of its parents and family system
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview