Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
born into what kind of family?
where did he go to school?
- boarding school at age 10
- was bullied there
what did he embrace?
known as a champion for who?
name of pamplet he wrote about atheism?
on necessity of atheism
what happened after he realesed the pamphlett?
- got expelled from oxford even though he thought it was an amazing writing
- **scandalized his family
friend at oxford who helped him write the pamphlet
what did he do when he went to scotland?
eloped with harriet westbrook
how was harriet abused by her father?
he made her go to school
who did he abandon harriet for?
mary wollstonecraft godwin
what did he view himself as?
what did harriet do after she divorced shelley?
how did he die?
drowned when his boat capsized
what did byron think of shelley?
- he thought he was the best man he ever knew
- *said this ever shelley died
how many kids did he have?
percy byshe shelley
- ode to the west wind
what happened when mary, percy and byron where living together?
bryon gets claire pregnant and they blame shelley
- moves in with shelly, mary and byron
- fame is fleeting
- he was mighty when he was alive, doesnt mean you'll be famous forever
- *the mighty fall sooner of later
another name for ozymandias?
Ode to the west wind?
- represents a life cycle, seasons change throughout poem
- senses are present
what does death equate to in ode to west wind?
equates to winter, falling of leaves
how is wind and destroyed and preserver? *from ode to west wind
- blows seeds everywhere (renew) -preserve
- but also destroys old plants
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview