Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Charles Cowden Clarke?
- teacher who influenced him
- *channeled his energy into reading and poetry
who was keats engaged to ? why did he break it off?
- Fanny Brawne
- breaks off engagement because he's dying
- appointed guardian of kids
- *spent 8000lbs of their $
who apprenticed keats? and of what job?
- richard abbey
- apothecary (medicine)
4000 line poem that was not well recieved
how did he contract TB?
- went to visit the lake district, came back with TB
- died at age 26 in italy
who did keats take care of?
his brother because he had TB
how did his dad die?
riding accident when keats was 8
- ode on a grecian urn
- when i have fears that i made cease to be
when i have fears that i may cease to be?
- he never got to write everything he wanted to say
- *knew he was gonna die, poem talks about what he'll miss out on that he wants to do
ode on a grecian urn?
a picture is worth 1000 words
what is the urn a symbol of?
- *not changeable
how many sides does urn have?
1st side of urn?
- people having a party of wild exctasy
- meaning: love will never change, she will always be beautiful
villagers are about to perform a sacrifice of a cow
story urn tells?
cold and passionate
meaning of "beauty is truth, truth beauty"?
- truth is beautiful
- truth and beauty are alike: something so beautiful that in it we can see the truth and pureness
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview