EXAM ITADV 2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
give an example of a commercial that uses scents
- There were 3 given in class
- 1.Westin White Tea
- 2. Mrs. Mayers clean day
- 3.Tide cleaning
Who published "subliminal Seduction"
Wilson Brian Key
Why is mining the web a good idea?
- online communities offer input
- you can analyze brandtalk trackling software provides insights
Its basically another of having consumer knowledge at your fingertips
who came up with the concept of subliminal advertising?
what word did brian wilson see in the ice?
we need to get consumers attention and be_______
list the 7 parts of the advertising plan
- 2. situation analysis
- 6. execution
what are the 3 things that made account planners different from traditional researchers?
- 1. account planers work directly with clients
- 2. research has a more prominent role
- 3. "planning agencies" tend to move qualitative and naturalistic research
what 2 things does the audience do after decoding a message?
source credibility is measured by _______
why dies china represent an incredible challenge fo US marketers?
(more than 1 answer)
- 1. size
- 2. geographic diversity
- 3. huge income + lifestyle differences
- 4. unique culture
list some examples of noise
- -cant hear
- -visual distractions
and many more
targeting emergents with messages that fit their age or social circumstances, as well as being first time users is what type of marketing?
what are the 5 types of target segments
- 1. usage / commitment
- 2. demographics
- 3. geopgraphics
- 4. psychographics
- 5. benfit
how a consumer feels about an ad far more imortant than what they say you think about them
what are the fundaental advertising objectives ? (7 total )
- 1. creating or mainting brand awareness + adding knowledge about brand
- 2. creating, changing + reinforcing attitudes
- 3. influence purchase intentions
- 4. stimulate trial
- 5. repeat purrchases
- 6. switch from competition brand
- 7. increase sales
web ads should be ____
what can interfere with an audiences ability to decode a and privide feedback
how do you promote brand recall?
- -slogan jingles
whats the halo effect ?
positive attitudes towards a brand that are NOT a direct result of an ad campaign
list the 4 common mistakes in copywriting
- creativity for creativitys sake ..
true or false
The basic principles of creative communication remain the same even though the media has changed
whats the big issue with humerous ads?
you can after recall the ad but not the brand..
murphy calls this the "vampire effect"
what are the 2 approaches of budgeting ? 287-288
- 1. percentage of sales
- 2.share of market / share of voice
the new coke example illustrates what 2 things?
- 1. relying on research alone can lead to a marketing disaster
- 2. NEVER confuse a product with a brand
brand management tends to be _______about creative function in advertising
the audience _____the message before responding
positioning ( define it )
aligns the marketing mix to yield distinctive appeal for the target segment .
what is the source effect ?
the response to communication is influenced by the attitude the audience has toward the source
according to dr Murphy what was one of the best comparison ads of all time ?
Mac vs PC
can you give the 3 element sof execution ?
- copy strategy
- media planner
whats the key takeaway from the target pregnancy example?
when DISCRETION is used, shoppers do not mind being attacked.
what are the 3 essentials of effective postioning ?
- Deliver on the promise
- There magic in the consistency
- make it different simply
what does segmenting do?
breaks down diverse markets into managable segments
what are the 3 tyoes of ads could you use to instill brand preference ?
- feel good ads
- humor ads
- sexual appeal ads
which type of copywriting uses a hybrid form of writing copy for print + broadcast media ?
digitial/ interactive media
list the principles of design ( 5 total )
what does behavioral intent measure ?
what consumers say they intend to do
give 2 of th 6 purposes of illustration
- 1.attract the attention of the target audience
- 2. make the brand heroic
- 3.commmunicate brand features or benefits
- 4.stimulate reading of the body copy
- 5.create the desired social context for the brand
- 6. create a mood, feeling or image
True or false
the vicary experiment was the first successful use of subliminal advertising
- the whole thing was made up
what provides a common ground for the audience and speaker to understand the message ?
their fields of experience
when does target ID pregnant shoppers?
during the 2nd trimester ( 4-6 months )
true or false
advertising has steered away from visuals and relies heavily on copy
- adv mainly relies on visuals
accroding to dr sernard mcgrane , subliminal messaging appeals to what 2 repressed objects ?
sex and death
brand exprience overrides taste
true or false
what are the components of the situational analysis?
- 1. cultural contexts
- 2. hostorical context
- 3. industry analysis
- 4. market analysis
- 5. competitor analysis
what kind of response did the charmin seat or squad app have?
- 500k downloaded the app
- 500+ million media impressions
- 200+news outlets provided coverage
- WSJ deemed it among best marketing programs of the year
list the 4 dimensions on which to evaluate research ?
what type of positioning does the Axe recovery shower gel use?
this option takes a specific profile of the target user as the focal point of the positioning strategy
what are the 3 positioning theme options ?
what are the 3 research methods that Dr Murphy highlits for chp 7 ?
- audience profiling
- focus groups
- field work
list 3 ways to persuade the customer
- reason - why ads
- hardshell ads
- comparison ads
what are the 5 secondary sources ?
- government sources
- commercial sources
- professional publications
what does STP stand for in STP marketing ?
provide 3 of the 6 steps in reproduction
- storyboard + script approval
- budget approval
- assesment of directors, editorial houses, music supplies
- review of bids
- creation of a reproduction timetable
- selection of location , sets and cast
direct response uses what types of opportunities to gauge ad effectiveness?
- reply card
- toll-free number
______ is the process of designing and representing ones product or service so that it will occupy a distinct and valued place in the consumers mind
what does targeting do ?
it chooses a specific segment as the focal pont for marketing efforts
brand names are
- important intangible corporate assets
- provide the basis for effective IBP campaigns
the source ______ the message before sending it
according to vocary's experiment. coke sales increased by ___ and popcorn sales incrased
brand information is stored as it relates to
- other objects
- events , people, and experiences
give the 3 types of questions Red Roof inns used to get opinions of their brand ?
does the public believe in subliminal messaging
creative people need to play it safe
true or false
creative people need to take risks
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview