Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is Evolution? (4)
- 1. Biological process conception
- 2. Populations evolve not individuals
- 3. Change is in the proportions of genes in the population's gene pool (the total of all the genes in all the individuals of the population)
- 4. Changes take place across generations
What are the 3 concepts of Evolutionary theory?
-Microevolution- small changes in the frequency of genes in a population
- 1. Stipulates the theory of common descent--all life on Earth is descended from one ancestral population.
- 2. Stipulates that microevolution over millions of years accounts for the differences in life forms.
- 3. Stipulates that mutation, genetic drift, migration, and natural selection cause evolution.
-Macroevoluation- Changes that occur in the result of microevolution over long periods of time and result in the origin of a new species.
What is Static Earth hypothesis?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview