Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
A hypersensitive reaction to an antigen is called?
- severe allergic reaction
- large amounts of histamine released
- extreme blood pressure and body temp drop
- decreased circulation
- cardiac abnormalities
symptoms of allergic rhinitis
- nasal congestion an itching
- postnasal drip
- itchy, tearing, swollen eyes
- sore throat
name 3 reasons why its believed that we have a dramatic increase in allergic rhinitis
- increased airborne pollutants
- growing dust mite population
- poor building ventilation
What is the time period for an allergic reaction to food?
instantly - 3 days
- difficult to diagnose
- can be confused with viral illness
- might be drug intolerance
what are idosyncratic reactions?
not related to known drug actions
which agents reduce the effects of allergic reactions?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview