The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- In 1989, GE realized the need to empower employees and give them a greater level of participation in the decision-making process.
- A work-out session is was implemented.
- By the mid 90s it was time to shake things up again.
- and after that Six Sigma was used.
A CLOSER LOOK AT THE SIX SIGMA APPROACH
The name Six Sigma is derived from a statistical heritage and focus on measuring product or process defects.
- Define: Define the problem
- Measure: Measure what you care about
- Analyse: Statistically find root causes
- Improve: Mobilize change initiatives
- Control: Sustain improvements
IMPLEMENTING THE PROGRAM
- GE employees takes about 10 classroom days spread over 4 sessions
- As each aspect of Six Sigme is taught, the team immediately applies the concepts to the chosen problem.
- Black Belts and Master Black Belt have provided the momentum necessary to complete thousands of projects at GE.
TAKING SIX SIGMA TO CUSTOMERS
- GE Medical Systems, offer its expertise to customers to enhance value and provide additional benefits.
- 1980 model-targeting quality at all costs to - to today's approach where quality and efficiency must be the driving forces in the delivery of care.
- 1990s, the industry saw a bevy of quality and reengineering consultants attempt to remedy the situation, but such efforts at a cost cutting were quickly conceled by the need to rehire personnel.
- Dec 2000, GE Medical System reported, 1,149 active Six Sigma projects for Customers.
VARIATIONS ON A THEME
- Involves the opportunity to create a Six Sigma process where there are no existing processes in place.
- Participants use a variation of DMAIC called Design for Six Sigma(DFSS).
- One of GE's business developed and implemented an entire business plan to provide professional services ranging from project mgmt, system integration, and consulting services regarding installation of complex medical imaging systems.
- The team developed a business plan using a statistical modeling tool call Crystal Ball.