Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the hydrologic (water) cycle?
describes the continuous movement of water on, above and below the surface of the Earth
What is a stream?
- A stream is a body of water that carries rock particles and
- dissolved ions and flflows down slope along a clearly defifined
- path, called a channel.
What are the 3 parts of a stream?
Headwaters =Source water area
Trunk= Main channel of the stream
- Mouth =End of the stream
- • Oceans
- • Lakes
- • Desert
What’s a drainage basin?
- A drainage basin is a region of land where water
- (from rain or snow) drains downhill into a body of
- water (or possibly a desert floor).
Basins are separated by one another by what?
Where is the velocity of a stream the
- Straight streams: Maximum velocity in
- Curved streams: Maximum velocity shifts
- towards outer banks
What is gradient?
Slope of a river bed, in feet per mile or m/km
Usually steeper in upstream sections
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview