Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
amide-type local anesthetic use to treat life threatening dysrhythmias.
Mechanism of Action
Depresses depolarization and automaticity in the ventricles with little effect on atrial tissue. Therapeutic doses does not slow AV conduction or depress myocardial contractility.
Onset of Action
- Onset: < 3min
- Peak: 5-7 min
- Duration: 10-20 min
- Half-life 1.5-2 hrs
V-Tach and V-Fib refractory to Amiodarone
- 2nd & 3rd degree heart block
- PVC's with Bradycardia
- CNS depression when doses exceed 300mg/hr ; which can lead to coma or death.
- Monitor for CNS toxicity
- Pts over 70 years old reduce dose by 50%
- Heart Blocks
- Cardiac & Respirtory Arrest
- Slurred speech
- V-tach: Loading dose of 1.0-1.5mg/kg followed by
- 0.5 – 0.75mg/kg every 5-10 min as needed
2-4mg/min after dysrhythmia is gone
Route of Administration
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview