Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the four types of hearing aids?
- 1. Behind-the-ear-type
- 2. In-the-canal type
- 3. Completely in the canal type
- 4. In the ear type
What is spina bifida?
Birth defect caused by the incomplete closure of the spinal column that results in an exposed spinal cord and undeveloped vertebrae.
What does the mneumonic DOPE stand for?
- D-Displacement, dislodged or damaged tube
- O-Obstruction of the tube(secretions, blood, mucus, vomitous)
- P-Pneumothorax, pulmonary problems
- E-Equipment failure
What developmental disorder is also known as trisomy ?
What is the difference between a colostomy and an ileostomy?
- Colostomy is between the large intestine and the surface of the body.
- Ileostomy is between the small intestine and the surface of the body.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview