Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the major components of NIMS?
- Command and Management
- Resource Management
- Communications and information management
- Supporting technologies
- Ongoing management and maintenance
What are the four catagories of the triage system, and what do they mean?
- Red Tag - First priority (immediate)
- Yellow Tag - Secondary priority (delayed)
- Green Tag - Third priority, minimal (walking wounded)
- Black Tag - Fourth priority (expectant, dead)
In a hazmat incident what are the three zones and what do they mean?
- Hot zone - Hazardous Material
- Warm zone - decontamination zone
- Cool zone - safe area
What are the toxicity levels of Hazardous Materials and what do they mean?
- 0 - little or no hazard
- 1 - slightly hazardous
- 2 - slightly hazardous
- 3 - Extremely hazardous
- 4 - Minimal exposure causes death
What are the steps of start triage?
- 1. remove the walking wounded
- 2. assess the respiratory status
- 3. estimate respiratory rate
- 4. check radial pulses
- 5. assess neurologic status
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview