The flashcards below were created by user
What are the benefits of a Multilumen Airway?
1. Ease of proper placement
2. No mask seal necessary
3. Requires minimal skill and practice to maintain
4. Easily used in spinal injury patients
5. May be inserted blindly
6. Protects the airway from upper airway secretions
What are the disadvantages of a Multilumen Airway?
1. Loses effectiveness (cuff malfunction)
2. Requires deeply comatose patient
3. Requires constant balloon observation
4. Cannot be used on patients shorter than 5'
5. Requires great care in listening for breath sounds
6. Large balloon is easily broken and tends to push the PtL out of the mouth when inflated
What are the contraindications of the King LT?
Patient must be taller then 4'
Does not protect the airway from vomiting and aspiration
High air pressure may cause air to leak into the stomach or out the mouth
If the trachea is intubated the device must be removed and reinstalled
What are possible local site reactions to an IV?
What are possible systemic complications to an IV?