Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the benefits of a Multilumen Airway?
- 1. Ease of proper placement
- 2. No mask seal necessary
- 3. Requires minimal skill and practice to maintain
- 4. Easily used in spinal injury patients
- 5. May be inserted blindly
- 6. Protects the airway from upper airway secretions
What are the disadvantages of a Multilumen Airway?
- 1. Loses effectiveness (cuff malfunction)
- 2. Requires deeply comatose patient
- 3. Requires constant balloon observation
- 4. Cannot be used on patients shorter than 5'
- 5. Requires great care in listening for breath sounds
- 6. Large balloon is easily broken and tends to push the PtL out of the mouth when inflated
What are the contraindications of the King LT?
- Patient must be taller then 4'
- Does not protect the airway from vomiting and aspiration
- High air pressure may cause air to leak into the stomach or out the mouth
- If the trachea is intubated the device must be removed and reinstalled
What are possible local site reactions to an IV?
- Vein Irritation
What are possible systemic complications to an IV?
- Allergic reaction
- Air embolus
- Circulatory overload
- Vasovagal reaction
- Cathatere shear
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview