Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
cytologic screening test to detect cancer of the cervix
5 reasons why liquid Pap test is preferred
- Reduces presence of pus cells, mucus, bacteria,& yeast.
- Prevents cells from drying out.Improves detection of precancers/cancers.
- provides opportunity for additional studies(HPV,Gonorrhea,chlamydia)
When is AutoPap used?
after an abnormal finding, a second test
Obstetrician who devised method to estimate expected date of delivery
Abnormal tissue growth
Doctor who developed cervical cancer test
George N. Papanicolaou
Within the cervix
difficult bowel movement
4 main guidelines regarding patient prep for a PAP TEST
- Do not use tampons, birth control foams, jellies, vaginal creams
- Do not Douche for 48 hrs prior
- Do not have sexual intercourse
- Schedule PaP 5 days after mentral period
3 main categories for reporting PAP results
- Negative for Intraepithelial lesion or malignancy
- Epithelial cell abnormalities
- Other malignant neoplasms
7 Responsibilities of MA during prenatal office visit
Interview patient to determine if any new problems occur
Request first morning specimen
Measure & record patients weight
Measure & record patients vitals
Check the chart for older test results
Prepare patient for exam
Notify the physician the patient is ready
How can pregnancy be comfirmed? (ABCD)
- Interview & prenatal health assesment
- Physical examination
- Lab tests (Urine, pregnancy, blood & cultures)
- Other diagnostics test if needed
Initial PAP screening should begin after a female is sexually active for _ years, but no later than when the patient turns __ years old.
A ______ PAP test should be done once a ___ while the ____ test can be done every _ years.
At 30 years old, if the women has had _ normal tests in a row, she may get screened every _ to _ years unless she has ___ _____.
Women over 30 may elect to have screening every _ yrs if they also have the ___ ___ test.
If 70 or older, women who have had _ PAP tests in a row and __ ______ findings in past __ yrs, & do not have any ___ factors, may stop PAP SCREEN
- no abnormal
- past 10yrs
Women w/ total ________ may stop screenings unless the surgery was done to treat ______
A pelvic exam is what type of exam?
How often is BSE performed?
Normal gestational period?
Visualizes the lower intestinal tract
the first day of her last period
Assist the patient for the prenatal examination
a diagnostic examination of the interior of the sigmoid colon.( Cancer of colon, ulcerations, polps, tumors, bleeding)
Proctologic positioning for those who cannot tolerate this position _____