Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
composed of all populations within a defined area
composed of all members of the same species within a defined area
composed of similar organisms which are capable of interbreeding to produce fertile offspring
the entire living space on earth
composed of all the living and non-living things within a defined area
composed of similar ecosystems
non-living parts of the environment [temperature, wind, rain]
an organism capable of otaining energy from sunlight or inorganic molecules
organisms which must obtain their energy from organic molecules produced by other organisms
- epidermis: protective layer of cells
- cortex: contains cells for storage [parenchyma cells]
- pith: contains cells for storage [parenchyma cells]
- xylem: transport water
- phloem: transport photosynthetic products
- petals: attract pollinators
- stigma: receives pollen
- anther: produces pollen grains which contain sperm cells
- style: passage way for pollen tube to ovary
- ovule: where fertilized pollen develops into seed
- sepal: protects flower bud
- stem: holds the flower parts
- a relationship between different species
- mutualism: both members benefit "+""+"
- commensalism: one member benefits and the othe receives no benefit or harm "+""0"
- parasitism: one member benefits and the other member is harmed "+""-"
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview