The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Chapter 10 - Photosynthesis
Photosynthesis: the process that converts solar energy in to chemical energy
Equation for Photosynthesis
- 6CO2 + 12H2O + Light Energy <--> C6H12O6 + 6O2 + 6H2O
- + Change in Free Energy
What organisms carry out Photosynthesis?
- Algea, certain protists, and some prokaryotes(blue-green algea)
- an organism that obtains organic food molecules without eating other organisms or substances derived from other organisms
- they use energy from the sun or from oxidation of inorganic substances to make organic molecules from inorganic ones
- "Producers of the Biosphere"
an org. that harnesses light energy to drive the synthesis of or