The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what does the composition of nervous tissue consist of?
gray matter & gray matter
concerning cell bodies which one is the collection of cell bodies inside the CNS and which one is outside?
- nucleus-collection of cell bodies inside the CNS
- ganglion-collection of cell bodies outside the CNS
what are the processes of neural tissue? and give a definition for each
- 1.tract-a group or bundle of nerve fibers inside CNS
- 2.nerve-a group or bundle of nerve fibers outside the CNS
- 3.commissure-nerve fibers joining opposie parts of the brain & spinal cord
- 4.decussation-two tracts or nerves crossing to opposite sides of the brain forming an "X"
give examples of each of the neural tissue processes(tract,nerve,commissure,decussation)
- tract-ascending and descending tracts
- commissure-corpus callosum, anterior & posterior commissure
- decussation-optic chiasma
tract constitures an anatomical and functional unit explain why for each
- 1. anatomical unit since it is a specific stucture
- 2.functional unit since all nerve fibers in the group are carrying the exact same type of information
does a nerve constitute an anatomical or functional unit? why?
constitutes an anatomical unit onl since they contain both motor and sensory nerve fibers