Space and Visibility
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Aim high in steering
- How do you do it? Imaginary target, Baseball/Dartboard
- What does it do for you? Centes car in traffic lane. Safe path on turns.
- Key Phrase: FIND A SAFE PATH WELL AHEAD
Get the big picture
- How do you do it? How wide and deep? Whats in it? Objects and ground.
- What does it do for you? Keeps you away from billboards. Smooth stops and turns. Buys time.
- Key Phrase: STAY BACK AND SEE IT ALL
Keep your eyes moving
- How do you do it? Move eyes: front every 2 seconds, rear every 5-8 seconds.
- What does it do for you? Keeps you alive at intersections. Keeps eyes ahead of car
- Key Phrase: SCAN-DON'T STARE
Leave yourself an out
- How do you do it? Have an escape route. Take path of least resistance
- What does it do for you? Space on all four sides, but always in front
- Key Phrase: BE PREPARED- EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED
Make sure they see you
- How do you do it? Communicate in traffic-horn, lights and signals
- What does it do for you? Establishes eye to eye contact
- Key Phrase: DON'T GAMBLE. USE YOUR HORN, LIGHTS AND SIGNALS
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview