The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Abducens nerve (VI) innervates?
Trochlear nerve (IV) innvervates?
Occulomotor nerve (III)
- Superior, inferior and medial recti
- inferior oblique
- levator palpebrae superioris (small, inferior smooth muscle portion is innverated by sympathetic fibers)
Tendon of superior oblique pathway
passes through a fibrocartilaginous pulley or trochlea attached to the nasal side of the orbital margin.
Ape of tongue
the free portion of tongue
root of tongue
inferiorly where vessels and nerves enter and where there are muscular attachments to bone
Median fibrous septum
divides the tongue into right and left halves
tongue innervated by?
hypoglossal nerve (XII)
What are the extrinsic muscles of the tongue
- genioglossus - large fan-shaped
Movements of the extrinsic mucles of tongue
move the tongue in and out, up and down.
movement of intrinsic muscles of tongue
alter the shape of the tongue
lateral cervical muscles are?
trapezius and sternocleidomastoid
what divides the two triangles of the neck
Anterior triangle boundaries
- ANT - midline of the neck
- LAT - sternocleidomastoid
- Superiorly - mandible
POST trianlge boundaries
- Sternocleidomastoid, trapezius muscles
- middle 1/3 of clavicle inferiorly
- horseshoe-shaped bone lying above the thyroid cartilage of the larynx.
- Attachments for the infrahyoid and suprahyoid muscles
Swallowing muscles involved
- the suprahyoid muscles elevate the hyoid, base of tongue, and larynx,
- then infrahyoid muscles depress the hyoid and larynx
What forms the ansa cervicalis
- a loop formed by branches from the ventral rami of C1-3.
- superior root from C1 and inferior root from C2-3.
- C1 "piggy backs on the hypoglossal nerve and then jumps off to innervate the thyrohoid and geniohyoid muscles.
interscalene triangle formed by?
elongated tringular space formed by the ANT and MID scalenes and the subclavian groove of the first rib.
What passes through the interscalene triangle?
roots of the brachial plexus