NUR 112 - Med Surg I ch 5.txt
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Acute pain stimulates what?
- SNS or sympathetic nervous system, which
- inc pulse
- inc BP
- inc resp rate
- dialate pupils
- cause sewating
Does chronic pain stimulate SNS
yes, but it is not sustained.
- The normal processing of pain
- It is either Somatic - arising from the skin or musculoskeltal or visceral - arising from the organs.
Name two categories of pain
- Nociceptive - normal processing of pain
- neuropathis - abnormal processin g of pain, which results from some type of nerve damage.
★Two types of nerve fibers that transmit pain are...
Myelinated A delta fibers transmit rapit sharp pain and are found in skin and muscles, while unmyelinated or poorly myyelinated C fibers transmit pain slowly and usually produce persistent pain - found in muscle, periosteum and viscera.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview