ESP Chapter 4
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What does good planning do?
- Help you stay on top of things
- Give you the time to do those things you must do and want to do
- Help produce better results
- Reduce stress
What are elements of work planning?
- What needs to be done
- The order of the tasks
- When the work must be completed
- What support will be needed to complete it
- Who will do the work
- What the expected quality of the results will be
What should a good work plan include?
A clear statement of specific work goals to be accomplished
A step-by-step description of the tasks requiring completion
A schedule that details the people & supplies that are needed to reach the goal
A description of ways to measure progress & results.
Good planning gets good results!!!
More productive teams do more of this.
Supervisors of highly productive teams spend much more time planning.
What are the 5 main steps for developing a work plan?
- Stating goals
- Streamlining the work
- Listing objectives, tasks & objectives
- Scheduling resources
- Checking on the progress of the work
What does SMART mean?
- Specific - what is to be done
- Measurable - expected quantity and/or quality
- Attainable - is it doable
- Results based - end product
- Time bound - when is it to be completed
Goal statements should be SMART!
What is in a good procedures manual?
Identifies the goals & standards that have been established for specific jobs within an organizational unit or function.
Breaks down work processes into tasks & activities, & presents those tasks & activities in the order in which they are to be performed
Outlines the steps that are necessary to perform a given job productively & safely.
What is project management?
Involves a series of complex tasks
Is bounded by time & by resources
Has a clearly defined outcome
What the 5 major tasks of project management?
Tips of Time Management
Concentrate on doing those things that help your team reach goals
Identify your #1 priority & tackle it first
Break large projects into smaller parts. Less overwhelming.
Keep a log and identify time drainers.
What are the 6 Building Blocks of an quality improvement organization?
- Work process improvement
- Continuous Improvement
- Customer Focus
- Teamwork - most important per Tom
- Strategic Planning
Name the 4 stages of team development?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview