Biology 1200 exam 3
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Body cavity (internal fluid filled space called
1. Acoelomates have
no body cavity
2. Pseudocoelmate have a
body cavity partially lined with mesoderm
coelom lies withinthe mesoderm
Protostomes vs Deuterostomes
- proto- pore becomes mouth
- deuter- pore becomes anus
Choanoflagellates are the sister taxon to animals. What proof is there?
- 1. Morphology: collar cells of sponges
- 2. More morphology: collar cells in other animals
- 3. DNA sequence data; cell signaling & adhesion genes
Why aren't chloanoflagellates animals?
Choanflagellates are univercellular or colonial
animals are multicellular
Which clades elvoved multicellularity
Specialized group of cells with a common function; isolated from other tissues by membrane.
Is the epidermal layer of sponges a true tissue?
Two variations to the body plan
- 1. Polyp (sessile)
- 2. Medusa (motile)
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview