Professional Sports Law
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the four causes of action for invasion of privacy?
Intrusion - plaintiff's right to solitude is invaded by the defendant in a manner that would be objectionalbe to a person of ordinary sensibilities.
Misappropriation - Plaintiff's name or likeness is used for a primarily commercial advantage without the plaintiff's consent
Public disclosure of Private Facts -
Tortious interference with contractual relationship
- plaintiff must allege and prove:
1. The existence of a business relationship under which the plaintiff has legal rights;
2. An intentional and unjustified interference with that relationship by the defendant; and
3. Damage to the plaintiff as a result of the breach of the business relationship
Arbitrary and Capricious claim
Arbitrary on its face
Arbitrary application - treating one person differently from another unreasonably
Antitrust Claim definition
An agreement that unreasonably restrains trade
A legal action brought against parties who are charged with limiting free competition in the market place.
Antitrust Claim Elements
- 1. An agreement
- 2. Unreasonably restrains trade
- 3. Actually causes harm to competition
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview