The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what are 5 tasks that must be performed before the patient is ready to be transferred onto the stretcher & transported to the PACU?
- 1.excess prep solution needs to be removed from patients skin.
- 2.dispersive electrode is removed and the condition of the patients skin is noted.
- 3.patient may be extubated.
- 4. monitoring devices are removed.
- 5.warm blanket may be provided if necessary.
How many individuals does it take to transfer a patient who is immobilized? Who coordinates the transfer?
- 4 people to transfer an anesthetized patient.
- anesthesia provider remains at the patients head and coordinates the transfer.
Standard vs. Universal Precautions
- Universal precautions state that blood and certain body fluids from all patients should be considered potentially infectious from HIV, HBV, and other bloodborne pathogens.
- Standard precautions apply to blood and all body fluids, secretions, and excretions(except sweat). whether they contain visible blood or not, all body fluids should be treated as if they were potentially infectious, and the skin and mucous membranes of heaalthcare workers are to be protected from these fluids in order to reduce the risk of transmission of microorganisms.
- Established in 1985 & 1987.