Lysergic acid Diethylamide (LSD), mescaline, psilocybin
- Hallucinogens: activate GPCR, partial agonist at serotonin receptor
- Clinical Effects: somatic (dizzines, weakness, remors, nausea, paresthesia), perceptual (blurred vision, distortion of perception, hallucination, hearing disability, altered sense of change of time), psychological (memory, mood, thinking difficulty)...3 effects overlap.
- Physiological effects: CNS stim, sympathomimetic effects (dilation of pupils, inc HR/BP, tremor and alertness)
- LSD is most potent (1-2ug/kg)...given orally or IV.
- Tx toxicity: BZDs, constant monitoring, acidification of urine (if pH greater than 8)