The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What does the conditional perfect express? (2 things required for answer)
- 1) Something that would have happened but didn't
- 2) Probability or conjecture about the past
When the action in the main clause is in the past, both the past subjunctive and the past perfect subjuctinve can be used in subordinate.
Tu no pensabas que el telescopio....
- 1) costara tanto, verdad?
- 2) hubiera costado, verdad?
Both are pretty much the same thing
The future perfect is used to express what will have happened at a certain point. What phrase is often used with the future perfect?
- Para + [time expression]
- (by [this time]...)
True or False
The future perfect may also express supposition or probability regarding a past action.
- Habran ganado el partido?
- I wonder if they've won the game
State the formula for each of the following:
1. Hypothetical statements about possible events
2. Hypothetical statements about improbable events (contrary-to-fact)
3. Hypothetical statements about the past (contrary-to-fact)
4. Habitual conditions and actions in the past
- Si clause ----------------------- Main clause
- 1. Present indic + (present, future, ir+a+inf, command)
- 2. Past subj + conditional
- 3. Past perfect subj + conditional perfect
- 4. Imperfect + Imperfect