English 101 Vocab week 11
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Disagreement, typically when prolonged, public, and heated
A person or thing holding a position or performing a function that corresponds to that of another person or thing in a different area.
A person who disparages someone or something.
the act of decreasing something markedly.
The state of being harmed or damaged. A cause of harm or damage.
An unintended consequence occurring some time after an event or action, esp. an unwelcome one
Refuse to accept or be associated with. Deny the truth or validity of.
Voluntarily cease to keep or claim; give up.
Shorten (a book, movie, speech, or other text) without losing the sense.
- A person who publicly supports or recommends a particular cause or policy. (N)
- Publicly recommend or support: "they advocated strict adherence to Islam". (V)
Persuade (an unwilling person) to do something by using force or threats.
Reduce in extent or quantity; restrict.
Humble submission and respect.
- Depart from an established course.
- Depart from usual or accepted standards.
- Careful and circumspect in one's speech or actions, esp. to avoid causing offense or to gain an advantage.
- Intentionally unobtrusive.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview