Mind body & soul
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is another name for Aerobic power?
What is Aerobic power?
- Excercise for long periods of time
- Measures ability to take oxygen into lungs
- Transfers blood
- Pumps blood through body
- 70-80% Max HR
- Transfers oxygen and nutrients to tissues and produces energy with oxygen
What is Anaerobic power?
- The extent you can perform a movement quickly without oxygen
What is Muscular Strength?
- Maximum force muscles can exert
- Sustain against a resistance for a single contraction or short period of time
What is Muscular Endurance?
Ability to use your muscles against reasonable resistance over a period of time
What is Muscular power?
- Combination of strength and speed
- Strenth X Speed = Muscular Power
What is Flexibility?
Range of movement your limbs have within your joints
What is Body Mass Index (BMI)?
- Percentage of fat compared to the other tissues such as muscular and bone in your body
- 15% for Males and 22% for Females
What is Agility?
Ability to change direction quickly and control your whole body
What is Fitness?
A persons ability to perform everyday tasks and if necessary to perform aditional tasks
What is Coordination?
Group of muscles working together to bringing about a purposeful movement
What is Reaction Time?
The time that elapses between a stimulus and the response to the stimulus
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview