MInd Body & Soul
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What does F.I.T.T Stanf for?
- Progressive Overload
What is Frequency?
- Refers to number of training days over a week
- Periods of rest to allow the body to repair and adapt
- Endurance or aerobic athletes 3-5 days per week
- Marathon runner athletes require 6-7 days per week
- Non endurance or aerobic athletes - Minimum 3 days and a Maximum of 5 days
What is Intensity?
- Refers to amount of effort that should be invested into a trainging program or session
- Intensity is measured using you HR
- Endurance athletes work at 70-85% of Max HR
- Non endurance athletes reaching close to max HR (90-100%)
- Intensity must be focused o overloading the body, but not overtraining it
- For resistance training, intensity can be altered by changing...
What is Time?
- Refers to exercise duration and recovery time
- eg. Sessions between 40-60 minutes
- Refers to the number of weeks a programme should run for to achieve a gain
- Minimum of 12-18 weeks is suggested for aerobic activities
- Minimum of 6 weeks is suggested for anaerobic activities
What is Type?
- Important to train the specific muscle groups and fitness components relevant to your sport
- Train the areas you have tested and found to be weak
What is Progressive Overload?
- To achieve a gain, the athlete must increase the exercise intensity/effort/workload past what was previously reached
- In simple terms the athlete must work a little harder to force the body to adapt and improve
- eg. If lifting weights add a little extra each time you train
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview